Welcome to the Prince Edward County Chamber’s Policy and Governmental Affairs page.
A significant portion of what a Chamber does for its members is behind the scenes. Constant contact with municipal, provincial and federal governments, understanding legislation which will effect our members, and finding out from our members what systems, processes, red tape or rules are becoming too onerous to contend with, is just a little of what this massive advocacy piece contains!
That’s why we have created a Policy & Governmental Affairs Committee. Made up of Chamber board members, staff and representatives from the general membership, we take the issues brought to us by our staff and members through a process:
- Issue Identification & Priorities
- Communicating and coordinating with members, stakeholders
- Position Statement
- Active Advocacy
- Create plan to effectively advocate on behalf of our members
- Monitoring & Impact Assessment
- The success of the Chamber’s influence positions is constantly monitored and strategies are adjusted based on external feedback
The policy committee will release a newsletter every month to keep the membership, and greater public, updated on its activities.
If you have an issue you believe this committee could help with, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org