Originally built in 1838 as Hayes Tavern, and later expanded into the Porter Hotel, this beautiful Greek Revival building has gone through many transitions. It was a popular destination for over a century but went out of business and fell into disrepair when prohibition hit the town of Consecon.
It’s most recent incarnation and revival was brought on by passionate historian Roy Stevens. In 1973 board by board this magnificent structure was moved from one end of the County to the other, and rebuilt and restored over the ensuing 30 years giving it a new chance to tell it’s story. Now it sits proudly on top of a hill overlooking Smith Bay, surrounded by orchards, wineries and forests.